Irish Car Rentals
Car hire locations at Dublin, Shannon, Knock (Ireland West), Kerry (Farranfore) and Cork Airports. Irish Car Rentals also have car rental desks in Dublin City Centre, Dublin City North and in Limerick.
- You must hold a valid driving licence
- Driving in Ireland is on the left and seat belts must be worn at all times in the front and the back of the vehicle
- Car seats must be used and babies should remain rear-facing until age 2 and their older siblings should use a booster seat until they’re at least 8.
- There are very strict laws on drinking and driving and those found to be contravening these laws will be heavily penalised
- In the Republic of Ireland, speed limits are 50kph/30mph in built-up urban areas; 80kph/50mph on single non-national open roads; 100kph/60mph on national roads; and 120kph on the motorway.
- In Northern Ireland, speed limits are 30mph/50kph in built-up urban areas; 60mph/96kph on single carriageways; 70mph/112kph on dual carriageways and motorways
We now specialise in a range of Activity Breaks which includes walking, angling, adventure, farmstay, pet, golf, food, eco and blaise gaeltachta (Irish). Our B&B properties offer a unique holiday experience providing a range of services that cater specifically for your chosen holiday activity. Our walking website list all of our homes that are approved to cater for walkers and it gives top tips and information on all the best walking routes in Ireland. Our blog is packed full of interesting topics and information.