B&B Ireland – Terms and Conditions
The B&B host hereby acknowledges and accepts:
1. The Association (B&B Ireland) reserves the right to refuse application and to withdraw online listing from any B&B found to be in contravention of its regulations. The decision of the Management Board is final in this matter.
2. The B&B host agrees to abide by the legislative requirements of providing accommodation in Ireland. If you do not abide by these requirements your property will be removed from all promotional aspects undertaken by the Association. All B&B hosts must furnish proof of approval/registration for 2016.
3. The B&B host agrees to abide by the code of ethics of B&B Ireland.
4. Your listing on B&B Ireland ceases on the sale of a home and cannot be transferred to a new owner.
5. Trade Descriptions Act - Please make yourself familiar with this act particularly regarding the description of your establishment and facilities
6. To indemnify the Association from all liability arising from the use of the information supplied on this form or from any inaccuracy in such information.
1. The B&B host agrees to ensure that the online information presented on their home is correct; presents their home to the customer in a way that is appealing to the customer; and is in keeping with the websites design and customer message. This information is presented to the customer via www.bandbireland.com.
2. The B&B host agrees to provide sufficient room availability for sale online at a price that is competitive in the online marketplace.
3. The B&B host agrees to honour all bookings received. Bookings will not be relocated unless there are very exceptional circumstances involved. The B&B host agrees to maintain their room availability and amend it in a timely fashion to avoid an overbooking. If an overbooking occurs the B&B host is responsible for relocating a non B&B Ireland reservation to accommodate B&B Ireland customer. Where a relocation occurs the B&B host is responsible for the costs incurred by the customer. Financial penalties may also be applied.
4. Under this agreement, B&B Ireland is acting as agent and you are acting as principal in the provision of accommodation to guests.
5. B&B Ireland bookings are confirmed instantly. You are contractually bound to provide that accommodation at the notified rate to the guest.
6. In order to avoid double bookings, you agree to remove allocation by updating the B&B Ireland system or by telephone before taking other bookings for those rooms.
7. In the event of a double booking, priority must be given to the B&B Ireland online system booking.
8. Commission is payable on all bookings received.
9. A standard 48 hour cancellation policy applies. In practice this is midnight two days prior to arrival date. Guests cancelling before this time will not be charged a cancellation fee.
10. If a booking is cancelled after this time or the guest is a No Show the Home can request that B&B Ireland charge the guest’s credit card for 100% of the value of the first night’s stay. A No Show claim must be submitted in writing to B&B Ireland head office within 7 days of the departure date of guest(s).
11. Infants under two years of age are free. A child is classified as being 12 years or under, and the percentage discount is set in advance by the individual Home.
12. The Home accepts responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of all information on B&B Ireland online system in relation to your premises and you agree to update such information when and where appropriate.
13. You will be liable in full if B&B Ireland suffers any loss due to your provision of inaccurate, false or incomplete information or for the supply of an image or text in breach of a third party’s copyright.
14. You shall indemnify B&B Ireland in respect of any and all claims, liabilities or losses (including consequential or indirect loss or damage and also including B&B Ireland associated professional fees) arising from any breach of this agreement by you or any claim brought by any customer arising from the customer’s use of accommodation, dissatisfaction with such Accommodation or any action of your employees, agents or subcontractors.
15. You shall not be liable in respect of complaints arising directly from the fault of B&B Ireland.
16. B&B Ireland shall not be liable to you, whether in contract or tort, for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (including loss of profit, revenue or data) arising out of, or in connection with this agreement.
17. This agreement is governed by the law of Ireland and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Provision of Photo Images
By submitting photo(s) via this website you are agreeing to give permission to B&B Ireland to use the image(s) for online and offline promotional purposes and for B&B Ireland to circulate the image(s) to third party sites for the use of promoting the B&B product.
In submitting images to this website, you guarantee to B&B Ireland that you have permission from the photographer and that they in turn have permission from any people who appear in the photos (photographers generally obtain this by asking people to sign a ‘model release form’), allowing the image to be used by B&B Ireland
B&B Ireland cannot guarantee that images used will be accredited.