Traditional Farmhouse Apple Pie Recipe
This is a lovely recipe for Traditional Farmhouse Apple Pie. It's the kind of home-made treat that goes perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee. Comfort food that everyone loves to eat. It's the traditional recipes that are still the most popular with our Bed & Breakfast guests, so why not try this one yourself?
225g / 8oz Plain Flour
125g / 4oz Butter or Margarine
¼ pint / 150ml Cold Water (approximately)
4 large Cooking Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
Caster Sugar, to sweeten apples
Icing Sugar, to dust (optional)
¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
2. Place butter/margarine in freezer for about 15 minutes to harden.
3. Sieve flour into a bowl.
4. Grate hard butter/margarine into the flour. You may need a little flour on your fingers for this.
5. Using a knife, mix grated butter/margarine into flour.
6. Add sufficient water and mix to a soft dough with the knife.
7. Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly.
8. Roll out half the pastry to the size of an oven proof plate.
9. Arrange the prepared apples on the pastry.
10. Sprinkle with sugar to sweeten.
11. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
12. Roll remaining pastry to cover the apples.
13. Dampen edge of base pastry with cold water to seal.
14. Press top pastry over apples to make the pie. Seal the edges by using the back of a knife to form a crust.
15. Pierce the top of pastry to allow steam to escape and bake for 25-35 minutes approx.
Serving suggestion: Serve warm with a dollop of fresh cream or a slab of ice-cream or both!
Posted: 08 Jun 2020 by
Claire Regan |
with 0 comments
Tags: B&B Recipes, Recipe