Christmas Pudding Recipe
It’s time to make your Christmas Pudding! The festive season is fast approaching so here’s a fabulous recipe from B&B host, Margaret Leahy of Castle Farm in Co Cork . Margaret hopes that you enjoy her recipe and would like to wish you all a lovely Christmas.
Required: A mixing bowl, pudding bowls, a roasting tin or steamer and some greaseproof paper.
1 lb raisins
1 lb sultanas
1 lb mixed fruit
1 lb brown sugar
1 lb butter
2 lbs breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon treacle - warmed
1 pint of Guinness
1 glass of spirits
1 teaspoon each of nutmeg and ginger spice
1. Beat the sugar and butter together and add treacle.
2. Add in eggs, breadcrumbs and stout alternately.
3. Add in spirits.
4. Add fruit mixture and stir.
5. Leave overnight.
6. Divide your mixture between 2lb pudding bowls and pack it in. Cover with greaseproof paper. This recipe will make 4 puddings.
7. Place the puddings in deep roasting tins. Pour boiling water into the tin with the water should come almost halfway up the pudding bowls.
8. Cook for 4 hours in the oven at 100ºC/Gas Mark ¼, or in a steamer on top of the cooker. Top up with water if needed.
9. When cooking is completed, store in a cool dry place.
10. When you are ready to eat, just steam your pudding for a further hour and serve.
Christmas pudding is delicious served with either custard, cream or brandy sauce.
Posted: 16 Nov 2020 by
Claire Regan |
with 0 comments
Tags: B&B Recipes, Festive Recipes