Raspberry Muffins Recipe
Feast your eyes (and appetites!) on this delicious yet simple recipe for scrumptious Raspberry Muffins. With their unique fluffiness and yummy taste, they are a classic home-baked treat that is bound to be very popular with all the family and friends. This recipe is a favourite of our B&B hosts who are renowned for their baking skills. These muffins don’t take long to make or bake and produce tasty treats that will delight one and all!
Makes 15 large or 30 small muffins
450g Self-raising Flour
225g Caster Sugar
1 Level Teaspoon Baking Powder
225g Unsalted Butter
2 Medium-sized Eggs, Beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 180oC / fan assisted 160oC / Gas Mark 4 and line your muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
2. Mix the flour, caster sugar and baking powder together in a larger bowl and make a well in the centre.
3. Heat the milk and butter together until the butter melts.
4. Allow to cool, then add to the dry mixture with the beaten eggs.
5. Gently fold in the raspberries.
6. Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes (6-8 minutes if you are doing mini ones).
To avoid raspberries sinking to the bottom of your muffin cases you can spoon a teaspoon or two of the plain muffin mix, without the raspberries into the cases and use as a base layer. Fold the raspberries into the rest of the muffin mixture and then portion out evenly into the muffin cases.
Posted: 14 Sep 2021 by
Claire Regan |
with 0 comments